Terms and Conditions
As with all kinds of business there must be some ground rules to go back to, should there ever be a disagreement, and the words below are mine.
My first advice is, if you have a problem, please tell me. I do not bite, and all I want is for you to enjoy the learning experience so much you tell all your friends.
The following terms and conditions represent the basis upon which driving lessons and courses are offered to you by Wrightway driving school as advertised .
When must I take my lessons?
To run my business I can only look after a certain number of students at any one time, which means I may have to decline business from new students to look after those already on my books.
Lessons should start within 30 days after payment has been made and a block of lessons should be completed and all taken within 4 months of the first booking else I will consider that the student has decided not to continue under these circumstances refunds will not be considered.
If you know you are not able to meet these requirements please let me know as soon as possible so I can take on new students. Any refunds will be considered on the basis mentioned above.
Refunds and guarantees
In the event you pass your driving test with me and have unused tuition time, this will be re- calculated at the normal lesson hourly rate and refunded in full. or in the event that a pre-pay deal is not completed before you pass your driving test with me, any unused training time will be re-calculated at the normal lesson hourly rate and and the balance refunded to you.
If after the first five hours of driving you are not happy with my service, or you are unable to continue with the block of ten purchased, any unused training time will be re-calculated at the normal lesson hourly rate and and the balance refunded to you. (note: cancelled lessons not previously charged for will be taken into account)
These calculations are based on how I earn my living, selling my time. When I enter into a contract to provide 10 hours for each new pupil I have to plan my working week to sell enough hours to earn my living. Lost hours is a direct loss of income. Also in planning how many students I can take on new students may be turned away because I am expecting to have say 20 students at 10 hours at any one time which may earn me a living therefore any student not fulfilling that ten hours may again deprive me of income.
The same basis is used to calculate refunds on top up block booking discounts.
1. General Conduct
I will always be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual. I will also behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times. My car will be well maintained, clean and tidy. It will also be fitted with dual-controls and properly insured as a driving instructors vehicle. Any claims made against Wrightway driving school as the result of an accident will be restricted to the terms of the insurance policy which is current at the time of the incident. Details of the policy will be made available on request. My car is a no Smoking area.
2. Qualifications –
I am a properly trained and qualified DVSA Approved driving instructor. This involves passing certain tests and a Criminal Record Bureau check.
3. Course Materials –
I do recommend the Theory Test Pro training aids. I may from time to time make certain books, DVD’s and other information available from this website. It is the responsibility of the student or purchaser to make sure they consider the materials useful and appropriate.
4. Driving License and Eyesight – The learner must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced on or in advance of their first lesson. The learner must also check that they can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres (i.e. 67 feet – about 5 car lengths) with glasses if normally worn. From June 2015 a driver (learner or licensed) must at the instructors request provide the necessary code to allow access to their driving record.
5. Payments Please note:
I do ask that payment must be made in advance of any lesson starting. I do ask that payment for discounted block bookings are paid in full before lessons start. Please note: the deposit or any subsequent training fees paid are not refundable in the event you decide to cancel the training once the booking has been accepted by me and a start date agreed. At this point we will have a binding agreement. This does not in any way affect your statutory rights to be provided with the goods and services you have bought.
6. Lesson Postponement or Cancellation – Two full days 48 hours cancellation notice is required to avoid a lesson fee however if I can easily obtain additional work for any individual lessons cancelled, I do not ask for payment. If it’s not possible to rebook the time set aside for your lesson I do ask you pay for your lesson. I do reserve the right to postpone lessons if I consider the weather or road conditions are unsuitable or dangerous. I cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of having to postpone any lessons, for whatever reason.
7. The Driving Test
a) Driving tests should be booked by you after you have checked my availability. Driving test bookings always take priority over other lessons. Therefore, your lesson may be postponed to allow for someone else’s driving test and vice-versa. Changes to lesson bookings as a result of this will be notified immediately. I would ask to be notified immediately a driving Test has been booked as my future lessons have to be booked around it; If sufficient notice is not given the availability of a vehicle for the test can not be guaranteed.
b) Use of the vehicle in the interests of customer and public safety. I reserve the right to withhold the use of my car for the test if, in my opinion, your driving is actually or potentially dangerous.
c) Test cancellation
The DVSA requires three clear working days notice of cancellation or postponement of your test. Failure to provide the required notice will result in the loss of your test fee. I cannot be held responsible for any postponement or cancellation of tests by you or the DVSA for any reason.
8. Punctuality –
In their own interest learners are advised to be punctual for lesson appointments. I would normally wait for a maximum of 15 minutes before the full lesson would be abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if I am delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Any lesson time lost as a result of this would be made up by me either at the end of the normal lesson time if possible or at a later date.
9. Learner Comfort and Safety
In the interests of comfort and safety, learners are advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing which does not restrict movement. Learners must also take note of any medication they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely and inform their instructor accordingly before taking any lesson booked.
10. Complaints – In the event of a complaint I will make all efforts to resolve the problem directly. However, please do not let a problem linger notify me as soon as possible so that a satisfactory solution can be sort.
11. Your statutory rights – These terms and conditions will not reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or incorrectly described goods or services provided.If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.